- About BROCKHAUS MEASUREMENTS
- Measuring Technology for Soft Magnetic Materials
- Measuring Technology for Hard Magnetic Materials
- Inline Measuring Technology
- Magnetizing Technology
- Research and Development
- Support Request
- Reference list
BROCKHAUS develops process for measuring austenite in steel
The austenite content of steel is decisive in determining its usability and quality. Unlike other components in steel the austenite content cannot be magnetized.
It is on this particular property of austenite that the measuring process at BROCKHAUS is based. If steel with a proportion of austenite is exposed to an external magnetic field which is so strong that the magnetizing curve no longer rises, then the value of the so-called saturation polarization is obtained. If the same is done with a steel which has no proportion of austenite then a further value is obtained which – compared with the saturation polarization previously measured – provides information about the level of austenite in the corresponding steel.
The newly developed measuring system MPG AUST for measuring the austenite content of steel is based on other well-proven standard components from BROCKHAUS and consists of the following components:
- 1 measuring system for determining the magnetic material properties including a high-performance amplifier for creating a magnetic field and
- 1 measuring sensor specially adjusted to the measuring task. In this sensor the magnetic field is created, and it is into this sensor that the sample of steel is inserted.
There is also a PC with the appropriate analysis software with which the degree of magnetization or the saturation polarization, and therefore the austenite content, can be calculated. This measuring system is supplied either as a table or cabinet version.