During the shutdown of a hydrocracker, wastewater was to be treated with a 3-phase decanter.
The oil/water mixture was continuously filled by vacuum trucks into five mobile storage tanks, which were lined up next to the decanter.
After separation of the sediments and the water phase, the oil phase was temporarily stored in another tank, from where vacuum trucks took over the disposal.
To ensure a “TA-Luft” compliant venting, our customer asked us to provide a complete solution for the venting air cleaning of the mobile storage tanks.
Furthermore, overfilling of the storage tanks was to be prevented by means of a level monitoring system.
As the shutdown progresses, additional treatment of the wastewater should also be performed to relieve the on-site wastewater treatment plant.
- BROCKHAUS SWS for the exhaust air purification of the 6 connected storage tanks.
- 2 x LAF 1.200 in series (working & police filter)
- BROCKHAUS Monitoring for monitoring the air activated carbon filters
- Hydrocarbon concentrations for detection of loaded filters
- CO + temperature for detection of possible hotspots + automatic N2 inerting in case of a hotspot
- BROCKHAUS Monitoring for monitoring the mobile storage tanks
- Level monitoring with visual display & traffic light system
- BROCKHAUS SWS for cleaning of the wastewater & relief of the wastewater treatment plant
- 1 x WAF 20.000
- other BROCKHAUS equipment:
- Hoses, deflagration guards, quick-close flaps, reducers, etc.
The use of the BROCKHAUS air purification system demonstrably ensured “TA-Luft” compliant venting of the mobile tanks.
Hydrocarbon concentrations of 300 to almost 5,000 ppm were cleaned effectively.
In addition to the proof of the cleaning performance, the monitoring system also always guaranteed a safe and controlled process.
The BROCKHAUS water activated carbon filter, which was called in during the further course of the shutdown, also made it possible to relieve the on-site sewage treatment plant considerably.
In summary, thanks to the good cooperation with all involved contractors, an on-time and, above all, environmentally friendly process could be realized.